2018 Walking Meditation-Dec5th and 6th
Please join us in this beautiful Seido tradition as we walk silently through the city in deep self-reflection and deliver gifts to organizations in need.
Wednesday, Dec 5th, 6:45 pm (after evening class)
Collecting items for NYC Veterans & Visiting the VA Hospital
We will walk to the main VA Hospital at 1st Ave and 23rd Street - The walk will take 20 minutes.
We will be collecting for veterans staying in the hospital and who are homeless and transitioning.
- Items which are accepted: New or very gently used Winter Coats for men & women,
- New Bathrobes M-L/ Scarfs, Gloves, Hats, Socks, / Sweat shirts, Sweat pants (L-2XL) / T-shirts
- New Boxers/Briefs (L-2XL), Bras / Posey Slippers, Sneakers size (8-13) / Belts sizes 30-50
- Razors and shaving cream, Bar soap, Body wash/Toothbrushes & Toothpaste/Fixodent / Large Fingernail Clippers, Combs.
- Large Print Puzzle Books, Playing Cards, Art Supplies, Water Colors, Paint Brushes, Sketch Pads,
- Adult Coloring Books, Building Sets, Models
- New Magazines, Healthy Wrapped Treats, home baked holiday cookies we can pass out
Thursday, Dec 6th, 6:45 pm (after evening class)
Walking to the headquarters of the Partnership for the Homeless
We are collecting for: Homeless Children’s Holiday Party.
They need NEW CHILDREN’S GIFTS (no violent toys)
Please indicate gender and age range o
And most especially GIFT CARDS for older Kids (Barns Noble/Gap/H&M/ Movie cards/Kmart/Target, etc)